Sunnyvale School District launched a new electronic flyer communication tool called “Peachjar” on August 12, 2016. Through Peachjar, we are able to provide:
- An innovative flyer management system that sends district or school approved e-flyers directly to parents' inboxes and posts them online through each school’s website.
- Parents can easily find and view flyers on their child's school website and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events.
To view school-approved e-flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on the school’s website.
This “green” initiative will save our schools tons of paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. On top of that, posting school flyers in this electronic “backpack” removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers.
No action is required on your part. You will receive a welcome email from our service provider (Peachjar) that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school e-flyers. You may choose to opt out of these e-flyer communications at any time.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add “email@example.com” to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well informed about school programs, activities, and events!
The district does not make any money through this service. All fees are paid directly to Peachjar.com.
District Flyer Approval and Distribution
Sunnyvale School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar.
All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the District Office. To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
- IMPORTANT: Read the SSD Flyer Approval Policies in the next section below
- Visit www.peachjar.com to register
- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service to outside organizations that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
The Sunnyvale School District strives to ensure that students receive information that highlights opportunities for educational and enrichment activities outside of the school day. We will continue to ensure that our students have access and information to the offerings of non-profit organizations throughout our community.
In an ongoing effort to reduce the impact on the environment and the demand on staff time, our district has moved away from hard copy distribution to an online posting of community flyers. All flyers to be distributed from an outside organization must:
Online Flyer Approval Process
- The flyer must be from a non-profit organization. Proof of nonprofit status must accompany a request. The district does not post flyers for fundraising events for outside organizations (exception: school-sponsored)
- The flyer (In PDF format) should contain:
- Name of organization and contact information
- Date of event or activity
- Deadline for registration.
- If the flyer is approved by the Sunnyvale School District, Peachjar will post it to our website under the “For Families-Family Resources” tab under Peachjar E-Flyers found here. Due to the volume of flyer requests, please allow up to two weeks to confirm the status of your flyer. Please plan ahead.
- Requests for approval or questions should be done through www.peachjar.com.
The district reserves the right of final approval for the posting of any flyer and may deny permission for any reason consistent with federal or state law or district policy, procedures or practices.
Questions? Contact Annalee Wee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-522-8200 ext. 1002.
Peachjar manages e-flyer distribution on behalf of our schools using the latest electronic technology. Once your flyer is posted to a school's Peachjar site, parents can view your flyer through the link on the school's website. Additionally, your flyer will be delivered to all parents' email as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see your flyer and be able to click through to your website to sign-up.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service (only for outside organizations with participation fees) that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. For additional information or to begin the flyer approval process, visit www.peachjar.com.
To post a flyer, register at www.peachjar.com and select your desired school(s). Your flyer is then automatically submitted to the district for approval. If approved, your flyer will be delivered to all parents and posted online.
The superintendent reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization/person if a complaint is received or the organization/person is found to be in violation of instructions from this office.